Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Playground in Telipot

I went to the playground with my niece and nephew today. The weather was nice. It was just after rain and there was a rainbow in the sky. Not too many kids at the park, guess it was because the school term had started. So my sis and I took the chance to have some fun. We played on the see saw and looked like a bunch of giant babies. Hehe. Then we took turns to play on the swing. I really love the swing. Even when I was small, I would swing higher than others because the adrenaline excites me. The feel of the wind breeze as I swing always makes me high. And I would for sure smile all the time. I don’t know why but I still do that, smiling while swinging.

When we were on the see saw, I was talking to my sis about the playground where we used to play when we were kids. It was near my grandma’s house in Telipot. Back in the days, when my grandma was still around, my cousins would come back to KB during the school holidays. Everybody would be there and there would be slumber party for weeks. So every evening, we would walk to the housing area at the back for our playground time. We would first stop at ‘Kedai Keling’ (we used to call that shop by that name, nobody was being racist) to get ourselves some snacks. When everybody’s geared up, then only we would cross the street to the playground. It’s a big playground with everything. The swings, slides, monkeys bars, a giant caterpillar and some other stations that I can’t remember. As we play, we would have breaks for our snacks. Ais-krim Malaysia, Super ring, Bika, air botol perisa oren and sarsi, asam, mamee and other junk food that every parent would not approve of. Before going back to the grandma’s house, we would make sure that everybody finished their junk food because we don’t want any ‘evidence’ to be brought back. =)

My sis said that the playground now is not well maintained. Grass and weeds are growing wildly and the place smells bad. Some people say that drug addicts are leaving there too. I really miss that playground. I miss the ‘guilty pleasure’ junk food, the swings, my cousins and the good times we used to have. I can say that I had a pretty fine childhood days. Hope that my future kids will be as fortunate as I am.

and that's that

6 comments:

faiz said...

Telipot in terengganu kn? near Gebeng?

tmah said...

x....ni telipot kt KB...tp rsenye ada gak telipot kt t'ganu...ek?

Zuriani Y. said...

stylo oh nama dia telipot. i looike!

faiz said...

Yup, rsenye ade gk Telipot kt T'ganu dkt2 kwsn Petronas tu.

Ika said...

Waa...interesting..n yes..unique name..telipot..nk g..hehee

tmah said...

hehe...jemput2...dtg umah nenek smua ok? bnyk bilik...muat rmi2...hehe