Friday, December 19, 2008

Dreaming of dreams

Do you dream when you’re asleep? If you do, do you tend to remember your dreams?

Well, my answer to both questions, YES.

Almost every night, I will dream in my sleep. The dream has always been random. From logic and around people I know, to illogical and with strangers. I dreamt of celebrities, leaders, teachers, family and friends. I dreamt of people who are still around me and those who I miss a lot because they left me for good.

My dreams are sometimes sad, sometimes happy, sometimes scary and most of it silly. Once, I dreamt about a big lizard, komodo-dragon like, which entered my house. And the next day, there was really a bog lizard under my mom’s car. But I never take my dreams seriously. As for the lizard incident, it was just plain coincidence. Yes, some of my dreams do come true but that doesn’t mean that I should believe everything that is in my dreams.

Some people may take dreams seriously. To this group of people, dreams are like their predictors of what’s going to happen in life. I read in newspaper today, a man won a jackpot of million ringgit because he dreamt of the numbers that made me rich. Even in our custom, the elders always have their interpretation of dreams. One of the common interpretations is when you dream your teeth are falling out, someone in your family or close to you will pass away. I have heard some people saying this is true because they experienced it themselves, but I still think that it’s just fate. Whether you dream before it happens or not, it will happen because it’s written.

Some people don’t usually dream. Or they think they don’t. There was a research done on human brainwaves during sleeping. The research showed that, human brains send out wave signal when dreaming, meaning there’s usually brain activities even when we sleep. Sleep is the time when our brains will try to sort out the things that have happened during the day and also try to solve problems that we can’t when we were awake. So, human do dream in their sleep. It’s just a matter of whether our brains can remember the dreams or not. Some people think they don’t dream, some people say they dream but can’t remember what the dream was, some can only remember bits of it and some can remember the entire dream.

I’m really sure if dreams are good or bad. All I know is that, some of my dreams have helped me. When I dream of bad things continuously, I know that I’m stressed out. And when that happens, I usually get myself back together. I also have dreamt of my dad, many times. When you really miss a person, seeing that a person in your dream is sometimes enough to cure it. Dreaming of funny or romantic situations always put a smile on my face when I wake up in the morning. There have been times where I wake up from my dreams, crying, too. So, when I can say is that, to me, my dreams are just a part of my life. I don’t mind if I dream when I sleep and same goes to when I don’t dream. I know a person who doesn’t want to be disturbed by dreams when he sleeps. Hehe. You know who you are and I respect that.

Considering that I dream a lot, I’m thinking of keeping a dream diary. A collection of slumber stories. =)

P/s: sebelum tidur, jangan lupa basuh kaki dan baca doa.


and that's that

9 comments:

faiz said...

Kalau mimpi kawin? gagagaga~

dllhsn said...

kalau mimpi kawin seronok oh!

aku pernah mimpi aku mati..ngaaaaa

Unknown said...

amboi juon, ngn sapa tuh? hehe...kalo come true jgn lpe jemput kami ye?

dilos, kte pon pnah!! mimpi kne stab alive ngn org jahat. siap rse real lg...hehe

Nurul Nuha said...

mimpi basah tade? wth! haha

aku penah mimpi aku kena culik n nanges.. bangun2, habis bantal basah sebab aku nanges dlm mimpi tuh..

blehla dikategorikan sbg mimpi basah bagi aku.. ngaaaa! =p

tmah said...

aku guna acc ibu aku...haha...klaka!!

nuha: ish, mimpi basah ko x menarik...ahaks!

A Mutalib said...

ade mimpi kaler2 ade mimpi hitam putih.ade mimpi ade dialog, ade mimpi pantomim je.

dulu aku mimpi backstreet boys buat konsert kat semak belakang umah aku.frust gile jumpe nick carter ngan a.j tapi tak cakap ape2.

dreams can be mysterious sometimes. sometimes it's plainly described as "mainan syaitan", i dont know how far the truth it is..but i hate deja vu..ala2 dreaming jugak ke"mysterious"an nya.

tmah said...

yup, sometimes the saying can be ryte aini...sbb ada mimpi yg mengarut sgt2...

ouh, my sis pnah mimpi jalaluddin hassan jd daddy dia...smpi skrg kne perli...haha

Laila Pauzy said...

i usually dont remember my dream; the ones i remember are only the extremely sad/ extremely happy ones. other than that, it went away as quickly as it came.

i dont know if this is normal or not but the was this one time, when i think back bout things that happened in the past, i cant quite say it was just a dream, or it really did happen.

like this one. i always remember the incident where i got caught shoplifting when i was 5 at a kedai runcit depan rumah. till now, i dont know it was a dream, or it really did happen.. :D

n tim! i rasa i pon nak keep a dreams diary la :) so peristiwa like above xberlaku lagi!

tmah said...

lyla, it's like ur being torn apart between dreams and reality...pretty confusing too..hehe
tp x kn la awk shop lift kot...x mungkin lah...hehe...

yup! jom bwt rmi2...who knows, we get to publish it someday and be included in the Oprah book club list *wink*